Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Aint life grand?


I have this image of myself.
I've had it since I was a little girl.
In fact, I remember when it first occurred.
It was at the movie theatre.
I was 10 years old and I went with my sister and mother to see the film "Great Expectations".
About a half hour into the film, I saw my future.
Dressed from head to toe in eccentric beads, jewels and fabrics,
a stunning Ann Bancroft saunters through her antique mansion as Ms. Dinsmoor.
Dancing extravagantly to "Besame Mucho" and sucking you in with her sheer confidence and advanced style.
I can promise you here and now,
that I was the only 10 year old wishing that I'd be Ms. Dinsmoor when I grew up.
But I wanted it.
And everyday on my path to growing and budding fashionista,
I feel like I get closer and closer.


Whoever it was that started convincing society that getting older meant having to care less,
should be shot.
Not by an actual gun,
but maybe something that hurts almost as bad.
Someone else who may stand behind my opinion is blogger and creator of the "Advanced Style" blog,
Ari Seth Cohen.
One of my new favorite finds,
this blog showcases fabulous elder women and their bold style choices around the world.

In Ari's words;
"Respect your elders and let these ladies and gents teach you a thing or two about living life to the fullest.Advanced Style offers proof from the wise and silver-haired set that personal style advances with age."


Check out this great clip from the blog and visit Ari's page HERE.



4 comments:

  1. I wanna grow up to be all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make old seem fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalya , okay? My name is Henrique , I am from São Paulo, Brazil . I found your blog after searching photos of Selena Quintanilla and see you dressed like her. Looking at the other photos , wow, how beautiful you are ! Loved your looks , your tips and everything. Add me on facebook, I would like to be your friend. facebook.com/riquetoth

    A kiss!

    ReplyDelete