Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time to go mad.


10 years ago Cinespia began screening classic films in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery of Los Angeles.
Over time the event has blown up making it almost impossible to just show up and expect to catch a flick.
I had only visited once prior for Stanley Kubricks "Lolita"
but fell asleep halfway through because I had a cold and should have been resting in bed!
I would.

Nonetheless,
5 years later,
Jamie decided to give me another chance at the Cinespia experience and reserve tickets to see Alfred Hitchcocks "Psycho"!!!!

Now,
before anything,
let me let you in on a little secret....
I love scary movies.
Excuse me...
LOOOOOVE!

I mean, it's kinda what I do.
I dress fashionably and I watch scary movies.
But to my embarrassment and to the shock of my friends
I have never seen any of Alfred Hitchcocks films.
None. Zip. Nada.

So I was beyond excited to finally experience the Master of Horror on the big screen.
Inspired by Phsyco...





Jamie.
The genius.
Sporting a nude bodysuit with a red skirt to signify the bloody shower scene.
Too smart.

Leotard. Stolen from my closet.
Red Skirt. Stolen from her mama closet.
Vintage Belt. Stolen from her mommas closet.

Shoes. Top Shop, London. $15.


The man and me.
Natalya and Alfred Hitchcock sitting in a tree...


Vintage Donna Karren Jacket. Thrifted.
Vintage Slip. Thrifted.
Vintage black belt. Thrifted.


This antique sword reminded me of the knife from the shower scene.


Hubba Hubba, Burbank.

Chunky 90's heels. My new obsession.
Thrifted in Oakland, Ca.


Norman Bates meet your biggest fan...



Vintage Shoes. Thrifted gift from Stephanie.


Check out my Honey Bunny's finger wave.











Sandwiches and treats brought to you by Miss Jamie.
But I did bring the Pomegranate Limeade.
Cause I don't make things.



Let it be known that the wifey and I couldn't stop beaming after the showing.
That was one of the best films I've seen in a very long time!
And i find it interesting that I had to reach back to 1960 to find it.
So I'm ending this post with two letters.
Dear Hollywood, can you make great movies again?!
And last but not least...
Dear Alfred Hitchcock,
thanks for helping me feel pretty.
I like your style.

1 comment:

  1. sorry posted wrong place that guy totally looks like Bates Fready!!!!

    ReplyDelete