Saturday, June 11, 2011

Du Du Du DUUUU DUUU DU DU DU DUUUUU DUUUU DU DU DU DUUUU DU DU DU DU duuuuuuu

In 1997 George Lucas rereleased Star Wars episodes 4-6 in theatres
and my life changed forever.
Yes,
I am a Jedi.
History repeated itself when my generation got it's first dosage of alien empire awesomness.
I was hooked.
I became an ultra fan.
I watched the movies over and over,
Empire Strikes Back being my favorite of the trilogy,
owned galactic encyclopedias, bought comics, played with action figures,
the list goes on.
As far as I was concerened,
I was living in the wrong time and on the wrong planet.
I should have been being trained by Yoda alongside Luke Skywalker on the Planet Dagobah.
I should have been batteling the evil empire with my own pink light saber.
Yes, pink.
How firece would that be?
Nonetheless,
I was happy to play pretend in my room on planet earth with the soundtrack blasting through my speakers.

I got to live out an awesome Jedi fantasy this past weekend with the wifey, Jamie and her boo at The Hollywood Bowl.

Here's some photos of our Star Wars inpired outfits.

Inspired by Han Solo...

Pants. Express Sale Rack.
Vest. Thrifted.


Found this necklace the day of the event at smoke shop in Highland Park (random).
It reminded me of C-3p0. $5
Vintage Belt.

Vintage Boots. Pasadena Flea Market.

Reversible Star Wars watches. Two Happy Meals.

$3 earrings from that same smoke shop.
They reminded me of the Millenium Falcon.

Inspired by Princess Leia...









Inspired by Darth Vader....











No comments:

Post a Comment