Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The boy who lived....




I was 10 years old when I was introduced to "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone",
part one in the Harry Potter series.
I was in love.
I am and always will be a sucker for witches,
wizards
and far off lands,
that really only exist behind brick walls and hidden wardrobes.
Since reading the first novel,
I have waited in line for every book following the series (Prisoner of Azkaban being my favorite) and seen every movie at the midnight showing (twice by myself).
The release of part 1 of part 7
(cause you know, they couldn't just fit it all into one damn movie)
brings me mixed emotions.
I can only agree with what fellow fanatic Harriet said to me;
"it's like the beginning of the end of my childhood".

True.
Dramatic.
But true.

Nonetheless,
I was all sorts of giddy and ecstatic to see part 1 with some fellow Harry Potter lovers,
and of course,
cause it's me,
I found it only appropriate to dress in theme.



Inspired by Harry potter....


Beyond excited for some Harry.


Harriet's unfinished Deathly Hallows tattoo,
that she did.
Yes,
she did that.
Fierce.

Emotionally drained.
It happens.

Scarf from Ross.
Vans shoes.
So cute!






Inspired by Bellatrix Lestrange...


Rings, American way. Thrifted.
Bracelet, borrowed from my grandmother.

80's clip on earrings.
Patty Closet, Montrose.


90's Fariuza Balk dress. Thrifted.
Plastic pearls (shhhhh). Thrifted.

Vintage heels. Magnolia Gowns, Burbank.



Can't say goodbye just yet Harry Potter!
I'll see your four eyes in July!

2 comments:

  1. you have a million dollar SMILE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Classy

    ReplyDelete