Friday, September 3, 2010

A challenge...

The other day at work,
I complimented a woman in line.
The conversation went something like this:
Me:
You have really stunning features.
Her:
(awkwardly, but politely)
Oh.
Thanks.
Me:
It's hard to hear that sometimes, isn't it?
Her:
Well, no ones ever said that to me before.
Me:
Well, you're hearing it now.
You're gorgeous.

I do this a lot.
I like to tell women they're beautiful.
Sometimes women will smile and take the compliment for what it is,
and other times they just can't handle it.

Believe it or not,
not many women are told they are beautiful.
There's always something we could "fix" about ourselves.
It's taboo to just say we like ourselves.


I challenge you...
start saying you're beautiful.
Start complimenting women around you.
Let them know that they are beautiful.
And start taking that compliment for what it is when it happens to you,
a COMPLIMENT.

Smile,
take it in,
believe it,
and say...
"thank you".



4 comments:

  1. one of the strongest women I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG her voice gives me the chills. Beautiful she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have had those days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. So we think they are just being nice, they are trying to start a conversation, I know I am not, so why are they saying I am pretty. Huh.

    ReplyDelete