Friday, July 30, 2010

What's in a name?

So...
I've noticed that some people love a name more than they love the actual article of clothing.
Don't get me wrong,
I have some Chanel vintage pieces that I think are that much cooler because of the brand name, but in all honesty,
can someone get the same look for less than an arm and a leg?
Yes.
In all due respect to all famous designers,
fashion should make you feel amazing,
not broke.
So, I've decided to bring upon myself,
a challenge.
Here I have three photos of unnecessarily overpriced fashion pieces,
from a popular fashion magazine.
As beautiful as these silhouettes are,
I know for a fact I can get about the same look for less than half the price.
I must follow three rules:
1) I can NOT spend more than $25 for the WHOLE outfit recreation.
2) I can borrow and pull from my own, my friend and my families closet.
(cause don't we all just wanna "borrow that top"?)
3) I may only use a "name brand" item if it is thrifted.
4) Outfit doesn't have to be exactly the same, but closely inspired by.
But the closer the better!

Phew.
Do you believe in me?
I do.






For more inspiration,
please watch fashionista anarchist, Beth Ditto from The Gossip,
sing
"Dime Store Diamond".
I love her.
Wish me luck!




1 comment:

  1. what are the actual prices for the outfits from which you are drawing inspiration?

    ReplyDelete