Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why the pretty face?






So, for those of you who have been wondering who the "I Feel Pretty" spokeslady is,
it's NOT me.
It's my mother.

When I first started the blog, my goal was to have a headlining picture of someone inspirational.
I wanted to find a woman in her element.
Smiling, laughing, looking stylish.
But every photo I found, was never good enough.
I just couldn't relate to these strangers and I didn't want anything intimidating to my readers.
Finally, it hit me.
Who is more beautiful, more stylish, and less intimidating then my mother?
(ok....maybe yours, but to each their own.)

If there is one memory I love about my mother, I always say it has to do with her nails.
My mother, to this day, gets her nails painted every Friday.
Though her color palate has changed through time, when I was growing up, it was all about RED.
She had her long RED nails, perfectly painted, to match her perfectly placed RED lipstick.
There wasn't a day that went by where I didn't see my mother completely put together.
I was convinced that I had the most beautiful mother in the world, and she easily lived up to that idea.


I used to get upset when people said I looked like her.
I wanted to be my "own person", Blah blah blah.
But now when people say I'm her spitting image,
I can't help but blush and say,
"Aren't I lucky?"



4 comments:

  1. what is it with the women in our family and red nails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beloved Natalita, I cannot watch this video without tears running down my face. I remember as it was yesterday, seeing this movie with you and Celia. I wish I could slow time too. Every moment with you has been a treasure. I love you unconditionally and beyond eternity may the heavens above protect you always even when I am not there. As a mother we are never sure, if he said the right thing, did the right thing or showed the right way, we just pray we did. Thank you for your appreciation. : ) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous 1: you know the answer to that.
    anonymous 2: pull yourself together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sobbing....because this was one of my all time fav' movies growing up and now I'm gonna splash some agua on my face and go give my mom a huge hug.

    ReplyDelete