Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chantal.



Would you like a ROO?

Chantal reminding herself to read my blog.


Dress from Wet Seal.

If Shoe Pavilion never went out of business, maybe all the Azteca Amazons would still be decorated in jewels. Thanks Chantal for keeping the trend alive.


Brought to you by Marshalls.




Art by Chantal.


Vintage jumpsuit, bracelets and shoes.
Vintage belt from Swift. Earrings from the Highland Park Farmers Market.



LA has been having some great weather lately.
It's been hot, but not too hot, bright, but not too bright, and breezy, but....you get it.
These sunny days have been giving me some serious Chantal cravings.
After an amazing, cheap, sushi lunch, the Amazonian Goddess and I took a nice walk and had a photo shoot along the way.

Chantal and I have known each other for close to forever now.
She seems to live her life fabulously in every possible way.
For instance...
Not only does she own one pair of KangaROOS (the fun and inexpensive shoe line) she owns a whole closet full! Every color KangaROOS she can find, she buys.
"I love them cause they're pretty, cheap and they have pockets!"
Not in love yet? Oh wait...
As I walked past her bathroom I noticed writing on her mirror. The conversation went something like this:
"What's that?"
"Oh...I write notes to myself on my bathroom mirror"
"With what? Soap?"
"No. Lipstick."
"You write notes to yourself on your bathroom mirror, with lipstick?"
"Yup."
"That's pretty fierce, Chantal."
(sweet little giggle)"I know, It's also kind of green, huh?"

Yeah...
that conversation actually happened.
You're dying, I know.

Later, we took a nice walk down to the local coffee joint and sipped on some ice cold drinks while talking; fashion, politics, friendships and how awesome the other is.
Chantal is an aspiring fashion designer and illustrator.
Her drawings are so filled with imagination that they'll completely satisfy the little sci-fi/fantasy nerd within.
Oh yeah, did I mention we had a conversation about werewolves and how cool they are?
Yeah....I'm done.
I don't want to kill you anymore with her amazingness.
Oh wait...no....one last thing.
Sorry! This is just too good!
I asked Chantal, what makes her feel pretty.
"When I wake up in the morning and I look myself right in the eye and think;
OK you know who you are, you know what you're about, and you know where you're going."

Don't worry, I just ordered your tombstone.
Got it cheap off Craigslist.

4 comments:

  1. I love your writing. It is nice to hear about everyday people and what they have to say. That is the real deal not the programed magazine robots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the best time getting interviewed by my superstar! Thank you Nat (Only those who've known her forever can call her that) I love you to BITS!!! XOXO
    Chantal AKA: The Amazonian Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Chantal thoughts of what makes her pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tennis shoes and that romper! :)

    Lauren
    Lrstewart0711.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete